DEUTZ 914 Series (Tier 3 and 4i) Diesel Engine
Home » DEUTZ 914 Series (Tier 3 and 4i) Diesel Engine
3 – 6 Cylinder Diesel Engines
40 – 174hp
Tier 3 & 4i
DEUTZ 914 Series engines are 3 to 6-cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engines. The diesel engine series is purely mechanical, and well known for its robust design and compatibility with high sulfur fuels. Individual cylinder and parts interchangeability within the 914 series reduces inventory and service costs. This makes it ideal for mining and military applications.
- General Details
- Technical Data
- Torque Curves
- Air-cooled 3 to 6-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engines, with an inline arrangement.
- 6-cylinder with turbocharging, charge-air cooled.
- Robust design allows worldwide operation, even with high sulfur fuels.
- Low noise emissions due to acoustically optimized components, offering smooth operation and high durability.
- Highly efficient injection and combustion system ensures optimum engine performance, with low fuel consumption.
- Very compact design reduces installation costs.
- The diesel engines in the power range <55 kW meets US EPA Tier 4i standards.
|Engine type||D 914 L3||D 914 L4||D 914 L5||D 914 L6||TCD 914 L6|
|No. of cylinders||3||4||5||6||6|
|Bore/stroke (mm | in)||102/132|4.0/5.2||102/132|4.0/5.2||102/132|4.0/5.2||102/132|4.0/5.2||102/132|4.0/5.2|
|Capacity (l | cu in)||3.2 |195||4.3 |262||5,4 |330||6.5 |397||6.5 |397|
|Nominal speeds (min-1 | rpm)||2000 - 2300||2000 - 2300||2000 - 2300||2300||2300|
|Power output as per ISO 143961) (kW | hp)||43 |58||58 |78||72.5 |97.2||86.5 |116||129.9 |174.2|
|at speed (min-1 | rpm)||2300||2300||2300||2300||2300|
|Max. torque (Nm | lb/ft)||204 |150.5||273 |201.4||337 |248.6||375 |276.6||650 |479.4|
|at speed (min-1 | rpm)||1500||1500||1500||1500||1600|
|Minimum idling speed (min-1 | rpm)||700||700||650-700||650-700||650-700|
|Specific fuel consumption2) (g/kWh | lb/hph)||225|0.37||220|0.362||218|0.358||220|0.362||220|0.362|
|Weightas per DIN 70020 Part 7A2) (kg | lb)||277 |611||307 |677||380 |838||420 |926||510 |1124|
|1)Capacity data without deduction of fan capacity|
|2)Best full load consumption refers to diesel with a density of 0.835 kg/dm3 at 15°C | 6.96 lb/US gallon at 60°F|
|3)Without starter/dynamo, cooler and fluids but with flywheel and flywheel housing|
|4)850 Nm | 627 lb-ft with switched internal EGR (exhaust gas return)|
|5)Mechanical injection system|
|The data on this data sheet are for information purposes only and are not binding values. The data in the quotation is definitive.|