DEUTZ TCD 3.6 Diesel Engine
3.6 Liter Diesel Engine
74 – 136hp
Tier 4 Final
The DEUTZ TCD 3.6 Diesel Engine is a water-cooled 4-cylinder inline diesel engine with turbocharging and cooled external exhaust gas re-circulation. It is available both with and without charge air cooling.Contact Us
- General Details:
- Technical Data
- Torque Curves
- The TCD 3.6 provides exceptionally high torque, capable of doing the job of a much larger displacement engine.
- Fuel and combustion processes have been optimized to minimize emissions and allow for simple exhaust aftertreatment
- Use of an oxidation catalyst (DOC) enables maintenance-free operation under all applications and ambient conditions.
- For 75hp and greater models, selective catalytic reduction (SCR) is included as standard
- A particulate filter (DPF) is available as an option.
- The diesel engines come with a modular exhaust aftertreatment system (EAT) configuration including the option of engine-mounted systems. This simplifies machine integration for the OEM considerably and virtually means a drop-in solution.
- The powerful DEUTZ Common Rail injection system and the electronic engine control (EMR 4) with intelligent link to the drive management ensure optimum engine performance at low fuel consumption.
- Low maintenance costs and increased machine availability are achieved through 500 h oil change intervals and a maintenance-free valve train.
- The extremely compact engine design and customer-friendly accessories reduce the installation costs and increase the number of applications.
- 100% power take-off at flywheel and front end, and additionally up to two PTO drives with a total torque of up to 310 Nm.
- The diesel engines meet the requirements of the Tier 4 56kW with an oxidation catalyst. Additionally for EU Stage IV / US Tier 4 >56kW with SCR. A variant without EAT is available as an option for less regulated markets.
Available in Power Pack configuration.
|Engine type||TD 3.6 L4||TCD 3.6 L4 HT**)||TCD 3.6 L4||TCD 3.6 L4 HP***)|
|No. of cylinders||4||4||4||4|
|Bore/stroke (mm | in)||98/120 | 3.9/4.7||98/120 | 3.9/4.7||98/120 | 3.9/4.7||98/120 | 3.9/4.7|
|Displacement (l | cu in)||3.6 | 221||3.6 | 221||3.6 | 221||3.6 | 221|
|Max. nominal speed (min-1 | rpm)||2600||2300||2300||2300|
|Power output as per ISO 143961) (kW | hp)||55.4 | 74||55.4 | 74||100 | 136||105 | 141|
|at speed (min-1 | rpm)||2600||2300||2300||2300|
|Max. torque (Nm | lb/ft)||330 | 2434)||390 | 2885)||500 | 369||550 | 406|
|at speed (min-1 | rpm)||1600||1300||1600||1600|
|Minimum idling speed (min-1 | rpm)||800||800||800||800|
|Specific fuel consumption2) (g/kWh | lb/hph)||220 | 0.36||210 | 0.35||210 | 0.35||210 | 0.35|
|Weight as per DIN 70020 Part 7A3) (kg | lb)||350 | 772||350 | 772||350 | 772||350 | 772|
|**) HT = High Torque|
|* Based on the proposal by the EU Commission COM (2014) 581 final from 25.09.2014||***) HP = High Power|
|1)Power data without deduction of fan power|
|2)Best point consumption refers to diesel with a density of 0.835 kg/dm3 at 15°C.|
|3)Without starter/alternator, cooler and fluids but with flywheel and flywheel housin|
|4)340 Nm | 251 lb/ft in Stage V|
|5)405 Nm | 299 lb/ft in Stage V|
*For specific ratings regarding EAT systems, please consult with DEUTZ application engineering.
|Engine Type||A||B||C||D - DOC||L - DOC||D - SCR||L - SCR||D - DPF||L - DPF||DOC - DVERT® EAT||SCR - DVERT® EAT||DPF - DVERT® EAT|
|TD 3.6||mm | in||701 | 27.6||592 | 23.3||790 | 31.1||199 | 7.8||523 | 20.6||-||-||199 | 7.8||613 | 24.1||■||-||●|
|TCD 3.6 HT||mm | in||701 | 27.6||592 | 23.3||790 | 31.1||199 | 7.8||523 | 20.6||-||-||199 | 7.8||613 | 24.1||■||-||●|
|TCD 3.6||mm | in||701 | 27.6||592 | 23.3||790 | 31.1||-||-||246 | 9.7||659 | 25.9||199 | 7.8||613 | 24.1||■||■●||●|
|TCD 3.6 HP||mm | in||701 | 27.6||592 | 23.3||790 | 31.1||-||-||246 | 9.7||659 | 25.9||199 | 7.8||613 | 24.1||-||●||●|
■ Standard for EU Stage IV / T4
● Standard for EU Stage V
For TCD 3.6 Stage IV the DVERT® oxidation catalyst (DOC) does not satisfy the regulations of certain markets that have specified additional limit values for the number of particles (e.g. Switzerland).
DEUTZ offers the DVERT® wallflow particulate filter as an option for these markets.
All connection variants are available either in 0° or 90° positions for inlet and outlet flanges.
Note: The engine dimensions and weights vary depending on the scope of delivery.
For more information please contact the DEUTZ AG or the responsible sales partner.