DEUTZ TCD 7.8 Diesel Engine
6-Cylinder, 7.8 Liter Diesel Engine
214 – 348hp
Tier 4 Final
The DEUTZ TCD 7.8 is a water-cooled 6-cylinder inline engine with turbocharging, charge air cooling and cooled external exhaust gas recirculation.
Available in Power Pack configuration.Contact Us
- General Details
- Technical Data
- Torque Curves
- A newer, state-of-the-art version of the DEUTZ 2013 engine, but with larger displacement and more power
- Unique exhaust aftertreatment system regenerates without downtime
- Engine and exhaust aftertreatment (EAT) are adapted to an optimum efficiency of the total system and therefore ensure minimum fuel and total running costs.
- Consistent installation and connection dimensions of the engine facilitate the changeover of existing installations to the next stage of the emission legislation.
- The engines have a modular exhaust aftertreatment system (EAT) with components from the DVERT kit and optional configuration variants. This means a high flexibility in machine integration for the OEM.
- The powerful DEUTZ Common Rail (DCR) injection system and the electronic engine control (EMR 4) with intelligent link to the drive management ensure optimum engine performance at low fuel consumption.
- Long oil change intervals and easy changing of the engine fluids reduce the running costs and increase the availability of the machinery.
- The extremely compact engine design and customer-friendly accessories reduce the installation costs and increase the number of applications.
- 100% power take-off at flywheel and front end, and additionally up to two PTO drives with a total torque of up to 395 Nm.
- The engines meet the requirements of the EU Stage IIIB and US EPA Tier 4 interim with DVERT particulate filter (DPF). Additionally for EU Stage IV / US Tier 4 with SCR. A variant without EAT is available as an option for less regulated markets.
Available in Power Pack configuration.
|Engine type||TCD 7.8 L6|
|No. of cylinders||6|
|Bore/stroke||mm | in||110/136 | 4.3/5.4|
|Displacement||l | cu in||7.8 | 476|
|Max. nominal speed||min-1 | rpm||2200|
|Power output as per ISO 143961)||kW | hp||260 | 348|
|at speed||min-1 | rpm||2200|
|Max. torque||Nm | lb/ft||1400 | 1033|
|at speed||min-1 | rpm||1450|
|Minimum idling speed||min-1 | rpm||600|
|Specific fuel consumption2)||g/kWh | lb/hph||192 | 0.32|
|Weight as per DIN 70020 Part 7A3)||kg | lb||725 | 1598|
|* Based on the proposal by the EU Commission COM (2014) 581 final from 25.09.2014|
|1)Power data without |
deduction of fan power
|2)Best point consumption refers to diesel with a density of 0.835 kg/dm3 at 15°C.|
|3)Without starter/alternator. cooler and fluids but with flywheel and flywheel housing|
*For specific ratings regarding EAT systems, please consult with DEUTZ application engineering.