DEUTZ TCD 2.9 Diesel Engine
2.9 Liter Diesel Engine
40 – 75hp
Tier 4 Final
The DEUTZ TCD 2.9 is a water-cooled 4-cylinder inline diesel engine with cooled, external exhaust gas re-circulation. It is available with and without turbocharging and optionally with and without charge air cooling.
- General Details
- Technical Data
- Torque Curves
- Fuel and combustion processes have been optimized to minimize emissions and allow for simple exhaust aftertreatment
- The TCD 2.9 provides high torque in a compact size, capable of doing the job of a much larger displacement engine
- Use of an oxidation catalyst (DOC) enables maintenance-free operation under all applications and ambient conditions. A particulate filter (DPF) is available as an option.
- The diesel engines come with a modular exhaust aftertreatment system (EAT) configuration including the option of engine-mounted systems. This simplifies machine integration for the OEM considerably and virtually means a drop-in solution.
- The powerful Common Rail injection system and highly-efficient combustion process with cooled external exhaust gas recirculation ensure optimum engine performance.
- Low maintenance costs and increased machine availability are the result of 500 h oil change intervals and a maintenance-free valve train.
- The extremely compact engine design and customer-friendly accessories reduce the installation costs and increase the number of applications.
- 100% power take-off at flywheel and front end and additional side PTO drive with up to 120 Nm for the mounting of up to two hydraulic pumps.
- The diesel engines meet the requirements of the EU Stage IIIB and US EPA Tier 4 with an oxidation catalyst. A variant without EAT is available as an option for EU
Available in Power Pack configuration.
|Engine type||D 2.9 L4||TD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4 HT*)||TCD 2.9 L4 HP**)|
|No. of cylinders||4||4||4||4||4|
|Bore/stroke (mm | in)||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3|
|Displacement (l | cu in)||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177|
|Max. nominal speed (min-1 | rpm)||2600||2600||2600||2600||2600|
|Engine type||D 2.9 L4||TD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4 HT*)|
|Power output as per ISO 14396 1) (kW | hp)||36,4 | 50||55,4 | 75||55,4 | 75||55,4 | 75|
|at speed (min-1 | rpm)||2600||2600||2600||2600|
|Max. torque (Nm | lb/ft)||147 | 108||260 | 192||300 | 221||375 | 277|
|at speed (min-1 | rpm)||1600||1600-1800||1600||1600|
|Minimum idling speed (min-1 | rpm)||900||900||900||900|
|Specific fuel consumption 2) (g/kWh | lb/hph)||225 | 0,37||225 | 0,37||210 | 0,35||210 | 0,35|
|Weight as per DIN 70020 Part 7A3) (kg | lb)||220 | 485||237 | 522||237 | 522||237 | 522|
*) HT = High Torque
**) HP = High Power
* Based on the proposal by the EU Commission COM (2014) 581 final from 25.09.201
- Power data without deduction of fan power
- Best point consumption refers to diesel with a density of 0.835 kg/dm3 at 15°C.
- Without starter/alternator, cooler and fluids but with flywheel and flywheel housing
|Engine Type||A||B||C||D - DOC||L - DOC||D - SCR||L - SCR||D - DPF||L - DPF||DOC - DVERT® EAT||SCR - DVERT® EAT||DPF - DVERT® EAT|
|D 2.9||< 37 kW||mm | in||648 | 26.7||483 | 19.0||685 | 27.8||199 | 7.8||380 | 15.0||-||-||-||-||■||-||-|
|TD 2.9||< 56 kW||mm | in||648 | 26.7||560 | 22.0||685 | 27.8||199 | 7.8||523 | 20.6||-||-||-||-||■||-||-|
|TCD 2.9||< 56 kW||mm | in||648 | 26.7||560 | 22.0||685 | 27.8||199 | 7.8||380 | 15.0||-||-||199 | 7.8||613 | 24.1||■||-||●|
|TCD 2.9 / HT||< 56 kW||mm | in||648 | 26.7||560 | 22.0||685 | 27.8||199 | 7.8||380 | 15.0||-||-||199 | 7.8||613 | 24.1||■||-||●|
|TCD 2.9 / HP||> 56 kW||mm | in||648 | 26.7||560 | 22.0||685 | 27.8||-||-||246 | 9.7||659 | 25.9||199 | 7.8||613 | 24.1||-||●||●|
■ Standard for Stage IIIB / T4
● Optional for Stage IIIB / T4, but DPF and SCR standard for Stage V
For EU Step IV / EPA Tier 4 or standard for EU Step V. The DVERT® oxidation catalyst (DOC) does not satisfy the regulations of certain markets that have specified additional limit values for the number of particles (e.g. Switzerland).
DEUTZ offers the DVERT® wallflow particulate filter as an option for these markets.
All connection variants are available either in 0° or 90° positions for inlet and outlet flanges.
Note: The engine dimensions and weights vary depending on the scope of delivery.
For more information please contact the DEUTZ AG or the responsible sales partner.