DEUTZ TCD 2.9 Diesel Engine
2.9 Liter Diesel Engine
40 – 75hp
Tier 4 Final
The DEUTZ TCD 2.9 is a water-cooled 4-cylinder inline engine with cooled, external exhaust gas re-circulation. It is available with and without turbocharging and optionally with and without charge air cooling.
Available in Power Pack configuration.Contact Us
- General Details
- Technical Data
- Torque Curves
- Fuel and combustion processes have been optimized to minimize emissions and allow for simple exhaust aftertreatment
- The TCD 2.9 provides high torque in a compact size, capable of doing the job of a much larger displacement engine
- Use of an oxidation catalyst (DOC) enables maintenance-free operation under all applications and ambient conditions. A particulate filter (DPF) is available as an option.
- The engines come with a modular exhaust aftertreatment system (EAT) configuration including the option of engine-mounted systems. This simplifies machine integration for the OEM considerably and virtually means a drop-in solution.
- The powerful Common Rail injection system and highly-efficient combustion process with cooled external exhaust gas recirculation ensure optimum engine performance.
- Low maintenance costs and increased machine availability are the result of 500 h oil change intervals and a maintenance-free valve train.
- The extremely compact engine design and customer-friendly accessories reduce the installation costs and increase the number of applications.
- 100% power take-off at flywheel and front end and additional side PTO drive with up to 120 Nm for the mounting of up to two hydraulic pumps.
- The engines meet the requirements of the EU Stage IIIB and US EPA Tier 4 with an oxidation catalyst. A variant without EAT is available as an option for EU
Available in Power Pack configuration.
|Engine type||D 2.9 L4||TD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4 HT*)||TCD 2.9 L4 HP**)|
|No. of cylinders||4||4||4||4||4|
|Bore/stroke||mm | in||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3||92/110 | 3,6/4,3|
|Displacement||l | cu in||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177||2,9 | 177|
|Max. nominal speed||min-1 | rpm||2600||2600||2600||2600||2600|
|Engine type||D 2.9 L4||TD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4||TCD 2.9 L4 HT*)|
|Power output as per ISO 14396 1)||kW | hp||36,4 | 50||55,4 | 75||55,4 | 75||55,4 | 75|
|at speed||min-1 | rpm||2600||2600||2600||2600|
|Max. torque||Nm | lb/ft||147 | 108||260 | 192||300 | 221||375 | 277|
|at speed||min-1 | rpm||1600||1600-1800||1600||1600|
|Minimum idling speed||min-1 | rpm||900||900||900||900|
|Specific fuel consumption 2)||g/kWh | lb/hph||225 | 0,37||225 | 0,37||210 | 0,35||210 | 0,35|
|Weight as per DIN 70020 Part 7A3)||kg | lb||220 | 485||237 | 522||237 | 522||237 | 522|
*) HT = High Torque
**) HP = High Power
* Based on the proposal by the EU Commission COM (2014) 581 final from 25.09.201
- Power data without deduction of fan power
- Best point consumption refers to diesel with a density of 0.835 kg/dm3 at 15°C.
- Without starter/alternator, cooler and fluids but with flywheel and flywheel housing